The importance of twice-yearly dental cleanings.
Have you had your teeth cleaned this year? Your general health can be greatly impacted by professional dental cleanings, which can keep your smile bright. Several serious illnesses have been linked to poor oral hygiene. Aside from bone loss, cardiovascular diseases, strokes, and cancers, many other health issues can occur as well. For healthy and thoroughly cleaned teeth, not only should you brush and floss at home, but you should check in with your dentist regularly and have your teeth cleaned every year by a dental hygienist. Professional cleanings are important for the following reasons.
- Your dental hygienist can remove most of the stains that dull and discolor your teeth, so you’ll be left with a brighter, whiter smile.
- Having your teeth cleaned can prevent gum disease, which leads to early tooth loss.
- In America alone, one person dies from oral cancer every hour, but many of these cancers are curable if detected at an early stage during a routine cleaning.
- A strong link exists between cardiovascular disease and gum disease. Because getting your teeth cleaned twice a year helps prevent gum disease, it can also reduce your chances of potentially deadly heart attacks and strokes.
- During a professional dental cleaning, it’s easy for your dentist to detect early signs of problems such as broken fillings and fractures.
- Many dental plans cover cleanings, and you’ll save money on dental expenses in the long run by taking advantage of your policy.
- If your dentist finds any serious problems during a teeth cleaning or exam, the office can help you make financial arrangements to cover the necessary procedures.
A dentist or hygienist can assess your oral health with a professional dental cleaning. If you are headed in the wrong direction, immediate intervention can help you turn things around. Persistent bad breath can be prevented and minimized through regular dental cleanings and checkups. Contact or schedule an appointment with an affordable dentist in Buffalo, MN, today. In addition to basic preventative care and general dentistry, we provide specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. Most dental insurance plans are accepted, and we offer flexible payment options. The quality of dental care we provide and the personal touch we provide are of paramount importance to us and we take that relationship very seriously. We take pride in keeping those smiles healthy, attractive, and bright for as long as they last. Find a dentist at who is truly caring and affordable.